Discussion exercise 3:
Read Scipio's Dream at one of the following sites, paying particular attention to the information on how the cosmos is arranged:
On the diagram provided label the following:
1) The combined sphere of earth and water
2) The sphere of fire
3) The spheres of each planet. Which is closest? Furthest?
Discuss the following questions:
4) Where would you expect to find a cloud? Why?
5) Where would you expect to find a comet? Why?
6) Would Aristotle accept Cicero's explanation for the position and nature of the Milky Way?